ABOUT MARIE NASSAR
Marie Joseph Nassar is a Lebanese artist who was born on October 16, 1975 in Wadi El Arayech, Zahlé and grew up in Zeghrine, Matn. She has a Masters in Plastic Art from the Lebanese University's Faculty of Fine Arts and Architecture, which she received with excellence. She also holds a Bachelor's degree in Plastic Art from the same institution.
Throughout her career, Marie has demonstrated a strong dedication to Art. She is the founder of “Art Zone” a fine art teaching academy since 2014. In addition, she has been writing icons since 2012. Nassar has participated in numerous art exhibitions, using a variety of mediums including painting, drawing, sculpture, and installation. Her work is known for its intricate details and often explores themes related to identity, memory, and the human experience.
• Escape Gallery – the art of escape 2022
• Art Zone - Summer Exhibition of my Student’s Art Work 2022
• Unesco Palace - Fine Art National Day by Syndicate of Lebanese Plastic Artists and Lebanese Artists Association – Painters and Sculptors 2022
• Art Zone - Summer Exhibition of my Student’s Art Work 2021
• Resurrection 8 Gemayzeh by Lebanese Artists Association – Painters and Sculptors 2020
• Galerie Janine Rubeiz – Beirut 2019
• Galerie Cheriff Tabet 2019
• Women’s Day – Zein Hotel Bhersaf 2018
• Lebanese University – Faculty of Fine arts and Architecture 2018
• Municipality of Hazmieh 2018
• Lebanese University – Faculty of Fine Arts and Architecture 2017
• Roumieh 2016
• Lebanese University – Faculty of Fine Arts and Architecture 2015
• Winner of the Nahar al Shabeb and Kodak East competition 1997 (لبنان بالصورة والقلم)
As a Lebanese artist, I draw inspiration for my paintings and sculptures from both my personal life experiences and the environment and nature around me. Through my art work, I strive to capture the beauty, complexity, and diversity of the world we live in, using a range of mixed media to bring my vision to life.
Whether I am working with paint, clay, or found objects, my goal is to create art that evokes a sense of connection and understanding between my viewers and the world around us.
As an artist, I am constantly exploring new techniques, materials, and ideas, and I am always eager to push the boundaries of what is possible in my art. Through my work, I hope to connect with people from all walks of life, to share my love of art, and to inspire others to create and to celebrate the diversity and resilience of our shared human experience.